The Spirit of Christmas (1995)/References
From South Park Wiki
- Mortal Kombat series: When Santa and Jesus scream before fighting, the series' fatality sound effect plays.
- The Three Stooges: Jesus gives this kind of eye gouge to Santa.
- Orgazmo: After Kenny's head is decapited, it flies toward a statue resembling this character.
- Monty Python: The scene where the statue falls on the children is like the scene at the end of the opening credits where the foot squishes the chicken/man. Their squishing sounds are nearly identical.
- When Santa spins Jesus around and then tosses him, he lands next to a snowman resembling Frosty.
- When Santa said, "Come on, lumberboy!", he was referring to how Jesus followed his stepfather Joseph into carpentry.
- Like "The Spirit of Christmas: Jesus vs. Frosty", this short does not bleep out "fuck" because it was not aired on television.
- The opening credits briefly shows a TV with the short's scene where Santa spins Jesus. A wider view of it is in the "Pilot"'s opening.
- In the Season 4 episode "A Very Crappy Christmas", the boys create their own cut-out animation film to bring the Christmas spirit back to South Park. Some of the clips they make are recycled from "The Spirit of Christmas: Jesus vs. Santa".
- Clips of this short were shown in Arthur Bradford's South Park documentary 6 Days to Air: The Making of 'South Park'.
- Santa throws two blue triangles at Jesus, who dodges them. One triangle accidentally hits Kenny and cuts his head off, which then flies toward a statue resembling Orgazmo. It knocks over and crushes three boys to death.