Template:South Park character Charles Miles Manson is a famous criminal and cult leader, who had his entire cult murder wealthy people in the Hollywood hills. He appeared in the Season Two episode, "Merry Christmas Charlie Manson!" when he breaks out of jail with Cartman's Uncle Howard, and they make their way to Mabel Cartman's house to hide out. They arrive at Christmas where Eric Cartman's family, as well as Kyle, Stan and Kenny and celebrating the holiday.
Manson, as he appeared in his debut episode, can be seen wearing an orange prison jumpsuit with a white shirt underneath. He has messy brown, graying hair and an untrimmed brown beard, also graying. He has a tattoo of a swastika between his eyes and has scars on his cheeks, which at the end of "Merry Christmas Charlie Manson!", he changes to a happy face tattoo.
Initially filled with rage, and psychotic anger, he soon has a change of heart and regrets his mass murders after watching Mr. Hankey in, the "Grinchy-Poo Who Stole Christmas". Realizing what he did was wrong, he changes his tattoo from a swastika to a smiley-face and attempts to protect the boys from the gun-happy police.
In the end, Manson turns himself over to the police, and returns to prison with Stinky. He proceeds to write a series of positive help books, but his efforts are met with mockery. However, on Christmas, the boys and their families all come to visit Manson to celebrate.
- Charlie's tattoo of a smiley-face momentarily turns into a Visitor.
- Charlie's change of heart, is a parody of the book and cartoon, "How The Grinch Stole Christmas".
- The Boys all come to address Manson as "Uncle Charlie".
- There are several times where it looks as if Manson intends or has killed Kenny, only for Kenny to be revealed alive and happy.
- Charlie shows horror for Kenny's death, while the boys do not show much more than their normal reactions.
- Charlie's inmate number contains the number of the beast (666).